Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Smith In Glasgow

Smith in Glasgow ’09 Conference
31 March – 2 April

I shall be away for three-days at a 250th commemoration seminar for the publication of Adam Smith’s Theory of Moral Sentiments (1759).

There will probably be light Blogging until I return unless I can find a connection (or how to work my iphone).

The programme both for the seminars and for the main events shows quite a galaxy of major Smithian scholars presenting their papers (‘spoilt for choice’ is my problem). I shall report on the events I attend (I am chairing one of the seminar sessions) and on the people I meet, some of whom were at the Balliol College conference in January, including David Raphael, who edited the Oxford University Press, Standard edition of Moral Sentiments.

Amartya Sen is presenting the main paper on Thursday, and pre-releases suggest it is a major event for economists on the current problems from his unique authoritative perspective.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home