Friday, August 24, 2012

Apologies and Explanation


I had a setback to my recovery programme on Wednesday night, necessitating a short sojourn overnight in hospital.  Now home, but I am feeling very tired and unsteady.   This event, hopefully not too serious, will slow me down a little.  
The first casualty of this situation looks likely to be my participation in the Annual Conference UK History of Economic thought at Keele University, England, on 3-5 September, at which I was to present my new paper:
“The Myth of the Invisible Hand – A View From The Trenches.”  
This is particularly disappointing for me because the participants are a cross section of European scholars interested in the history of ideas in economic thought, and while I would not necessarily agree with their criticism, they certainly test the robustness of ideas from their in-depth knowledge of various fields.
However, should any Lost Legacy readers be interested in reading my paper, I can send an email copy to you and would welcome your comments.
Meanwhile I shall get on with my recovery exercises, determined not to submit to irritating but I hope, temporary, difficulties.  One thing about hospitals is that you see very serious other cases, much further from recovery than ones self.
Gavin

5 Comments:

Blogger Unlearningecon said...

Sorry to hear that, Gavin, hope you get better.

6:00 pm  
Blogger airth10 said...

Gavin, get better!

I would like an email of your paper.

11:19 am  
Blogger Gavin Kennedy said...

airth
Thank you for your good wishes. I need an email to send my paper to you.
Post to gavin K number nine at gmail dot com.
Gavin

2:03 pm  
Blogger SM said...

Get well Gavin, Hope to see you back in the "Trenches" soon.

SM

3:33 pm  
Blogger Blue Aurora said...

Whilst I was late to hear of this news...I hope you get well soon, Professor Kennedy. Could you please e-mail the paper to me? I would like to read it.

8:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home