Tuesday, November 01, 2016

QUICK BITS, no. 7

LichJesus posts (31 October) on REDDIT HERE
AN ASTONISHING ADMISSION!
Full disclosure, I haven't read Smith himself in any detail"
So admits “LichJesus” at the top of a very long piece pontificating in on what Adam Smith allegedly meant when he used the metaphor of “an invisible hand”.
I find that admission revealing of the sorrry state of what passes for the modern knowledge of Smith’s political economy.
Moreover, “LichJesus” continues his/her admission by adding:
however I've read a lot of his philosophical successors so I'm hoping their/my answers line up with his.
Ordinarily, in my teaching days I was patient with students who made grossly incorrect statements about well-known, though In Adam Smith’s case not widely read authors, and suggest where the student might find the antidote to his or her demonstrated ignorance. 

In this case, I’ll say nothing more …except note that "LichJesus" is at least very literate ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home